Different classification methods produce different name […]
Different classification methods produce different names:
1) Different raw materials used: pure cotton yarn, purified fiber yarn, cotton blended yarn, wool blended yarn, special-shaped yarn, etc.
2) Different spinning methods: ring spinning yarn, air spinning yarn, electrostatic spinning yarn, etc.
3) Different spinning processes: carded cotton yarn, combed yarn, peach wool yarn, etc.
4) Different twisting directions: hand twist (s twist) yarn, back hand twist (yarn z twist).
5) Different product uses: weaving yarn, knitting yarn, raising yarn, rope yarn, fishing net yarn, cord fabric yarn, etc.
Classified by yarn structure
⑴High-elastic yarn: High-elastic yarn or high-elastic textured yarn has high stretchability, but general bulkiness. Mainly used for stretch fabrics, mainly nylon high stretch yarn.
⑵ Low stretch yarn: Low stretch yarn or deformed stretch yarn has moderate elasticity and bulkiness. It is mostly used in knitted fabrics, mostly low-stretch polyester yarn.
⑶ Bulk yarn: Bulk yarn has low stretchability and high bulkiness. It is mainly used for fabrics that require good bulkiness, such as wool, underwear or outerwear. Its typical representative is acrylic bulked yarn, also called cashmere.
⑷Network silk Network silk, also known as cross-entangled silk, is formed by entanglement of part of the silk in the process of chemical fiber silk making. This silk feels soft, bulky and has good wool-like effects, and is mostly used for women's styles. The popular golf in recent years is also made of this silk.
Classified by yarn performance and count
Count of chemical fiber yarn: the thickness of chemical fiber yarn, expressed by the metric count "S", a large count means fine chemical fiber yarn, and a small count means thick chemical fiber yarn.
Fineness is used to indicate the thickness of fiber or yarn, and is the most important indicator of yarn. The difference in yarn fineness not only reflects the different uses, but also indicates to a certain extent that the specifications and quality of the fibers used in spinning are different. Generally, higher quality fibers are used for spinning. Yarn fineness can be expressed by two indexes: direct index and indirect index.
⑴ Fixed length system The fixed length system refers to the weight of a certain length of yarn. The larger the value, the thicker the yarn. The unit of measurement includes two kinds of special number (Nt) and denier (Nden) [MSOffice2].
a. Special number (Nt) The special number is tex, which refers to the weight in grams of a 1000m long fiber or yarn at a given moisture regain, also called the number. Nt=1000G/L (where L is the length of fiber or yarn in meters, and G is the weight in grams at a given moisture regain).
For single yarn, the special number can be written as "18 special", which means that when the yarn is 1000 meters long, its weight is 18 grams. The number of strands is equal to the number of single yarns multiplied by the number of strands. For example, 18X2 means that two single yarns are combined with 18 tex, and the ply fineness is 36 tex. When the yarn characteristics of the strands are different, the yarn characteristics are the sum of the individual yarn characteristics, such as 18 characteristics + 15 characteristics, and the combined characteristics of the yarn is 33 characteristics.
b. Denier (Nden) Denier is denier, which refers to the weight of a 9000m-long fiber or yarn at a given moisture regain in grams, also known as "fineness". Nden=9000G/L.
Denier can be expressed as: 24 denier, 30 denier, etc. For the denier of the strand, the expression method is the same as that of the special number. Denier is generally used to express the fineness of natural fiber silk or chemical fiber filament.
(2) Fixed weight system The fixed weight system refers to the length of a certain weight of fiber or yarn. The larger the value, the thinner the yarn. The unit of measurement includes metric count (Nm) and imperial count (Ne).
A. Metric count (Nm) Metric count refers to the length of a gram of yarn (or fiber) in meters when the moisture regain is public. Nm=L/G.
The metric count can be expressed in the form of "20 public counts, 40 public counts", which means that a gram of yarn has a length of 20m or 40m. The metric count of the strand is expressed by dividing the metric count of the single yarn that makes up the strand by the number of strands, such as 26/2, 60/2, etc. If the counts of the single yarns composing the strands are different, the metric counts of the strands are drawn by diagonal lines to indicate the counts of the single yarns side by side. For example, 21/42, the metric counts of the strands can be calculated.
Nm=1/(1/N1+1/N2+---+1/Nn)=1/(1/21+1/42)=14 public branches
The thickness of my country's wool spinning and wool-type chemical fiber pure spinning and blended yarns is still partly expressed in metric counts.
B. Inch count (Ne) The imperial count is the unit of measurement prescribed by the old national standard for the thickness of cotton yarn. It has been replaced by special counts. It means that 1 pound (454 grams) of cotton yarn is several 840 yards (1 yard = 0.9144 meters) long. Ne=L/(GX840).
If a 1-pound yarn has 60 pieces of 840 yards long, the yarn fineness is 60 inches, which can be recorded as 60". The expression and calculation method of the inch count of the strand are the same as the metric count. For example, 60" /3.
The metric count formula: the count is the number of kilometers in 1kg chemical fiber yarn. For example, if a chemical fiber yarn weighing 1kg is 18000m long, it is 18 count yarn.
Classified by purpose
1. Weaving yarn: Weaving yarn refers to the yarn used for processing woven fabrics, which is divided into warp yarn and weft yarn. The warp yarn used as the longitudinal yarn of the fabric has the characteristics of larger twist, higher strength and better wear resistance; the weft yarn used as the transverse yarn of the fabric has the characteristics of smaller twist, lower strength, but softness.
2. Knitting yarn: Knitting yarn is used for knitted fabrics. The yarn quality requirements are high, the twist is small, and the strength is moderate.
3. Other yarns: including sewing thread, embroidery thread, braided thread, miscellaneous thread, etc. According to different purposes, the requirements for these yarns are different.
If you want to know more, please visit https://www.klthread.com/